Virtual Pop-Up Paper-Bag Christmas Pageant
Time & Location
About the Event
What a challenging time to provide programming for children in our church! We love our kids and want to support them during this difficult season, yet we want to be safe. So far, we’ve started gathering our children for the Children’s Chat, providing Worship Totes, Library Books and Egg-Shakers (all sanitized). We’ve used hula hoops to keep them socially-distanced and asked them to wear masks.
Several parents have noted that this is not the year for extensive planning and preparations for the Christmas Pageant due to the ever-changing situation. With many kids returning to expanded in-person school and virus cases increasing, we are hesitant to gather children together for pageant practice. Our traditional pageant preparations just won’t work. We can’t sit the cast together or place them on stage near one another. It’s difficult to hear through masks. That said, we will have a pageant!
With everything in mind, we’ve come up with a Virtual Pop-Up Paper-Bag Christmas Pageant, December 13th at 9:30am in the EUCC. It’s meant to be a spontaneous, interactive celebration! Here's the basic plan:
· All interested Children and Youth can be part of our Virtual Christmas Pageant!
· If you have not signed up already, please email Pastor Jo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Pastor Jo will contact everyone with their roles and scripts
· Families will videotape their scenes using props and items they have at home
· The Youth Group will serve as our Bethlehem Villagers (filming dates TBA!)
· Once collected, all scenes will be tied together creating a festive and inspiring virtual celebration of Christ’s Birth!
· The pageant will feature special music and a family craft!
Please tune-in and enjoy our Virtual Christmas Pageant!